Academic System & Degrees :
The University adopts the credit-hours system as studying and assessment system. Credit is a quantified means of expressing and measuring learning equivalence, awarded for the demonstrable achievement of learning outcomes. Academic credits are gained by successfully completing a study module; awards such as degrees are offered only after receiving a fixed number of credits. In order to graduate with a degree, the university expects students to complete:
- 180 credit hours for a Bachelor\'s degree in Pharmacy
- 184 credit hours for a Bachelor\'s degree in Dentistry
- 144 credit hours for a Bachelor\'s degree in Cosmetology and Health Care
Course Load Guidelines
Fall/ Spring Semesters:
The minimum course load is 12 credit hours. A student may not go below 12 credit hours without permission of the dean. The maximum course load is 18 credit hours. The maximum course load will increase for students with high GPA (above 3.0 grade point average) and students in their last term of study.
There is no minimum course load in the Summer Semester. The maximum course load is 9 credit hours. The maximum course load will increase to 12 credit hours for students with high GPA (above 3.0 grade point average) and students in their last term of study.
HPU follows a Trimester System:
* Fall Semester spans over a 16-week period and starts in October.
* Spring Semester spans over a 16-week period and starts in February.
* Summer Semester spans over a 9-week period and starts in June.
Duration of Study
Years of study at HPU should not exceed the time frame as follows:
1. Seven years and a half at the Faculty of Pharmacy (the regular duration of study is 5 years)
2. Seven years and a half at the Faculty of Dentistry (the regular duration of study is 5 years)
3. Six years at the Faculty of Cosmetology & Health Care (the regular duration of study is 4 years).
- Students must commit to a full-time study and attend all lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, etc. according to the approved study plan. Students\' absence of classes should not exceed 15% of the course contact hours.
- Students have the right to withdraw from any subject they are registered in during the semester after consulting their academic advisors.
- Students can withdraw from the university (drop all the courses they are enrolled in) if they have certain reasons for this decision.
- Students can be expelled from the university if:
a. they did not attend classes for two consecutive semesters;
b. they exceeded the maximum study limit approved by the Council of Higher Education ;
c. the university issued a final decision to expel them for various reasons related to providing false documents, exceeding the limits of final academic warnings, irregularities that justify expulsion from the university.
HPU awards BS degrees that are nationally and internationally accredited and equivalent to the academic degrees granted by public universities. These degrees entitle their holders to pursue their studies and join the syndicates.